Monday, March 14, 2011

"There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact" Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

There really is not much in life that scares me. Aliens and the dark have lost their true ability to make a difference. The one thing that does keep me awake at night, and I assume many others, is there fear of acute and perpetual lonliness.

I'm not saying that I have no friends. Or even that I have no one interested in me. Just that the hope that I will find my prince (or princess) charming is dissapating daily. Perhaps I was naive to hope in the first place.

After much thinking on this subject (perhaps to much) I've come to the obvious conclusion. The confusing part to the problem. The equations 'x' variable. Me.

I am the only reason that I am alone. I am waiting for something and not going out to get it. I'm lazy and therefore dissatisfied. On this realisation something odd happened. I don't want to actively search for a mate as I would assume a discovery like this would make me do.

The fear just went away. On realising that I can control and change the situation at anytime, I can relax. I feel happy.

Alone but not lonely. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment